Monday, January 20, 2014

The blog is back!: What happened while I was away!

Back in the saddle again!!! I have certainly missed writing and sharing a glimpse of our definition of life with you all! We've experienced so many changes and challenges in the months since I last wrote! While the challenges often seemed insurmountable, I've learned through it all that when life hands you lemons, hold your family close, learn to laugh at the little things, and grow in love from the experience of making lemonade together. Every moment, whether it be good or bad is all a part of the precious life experience.  So enough about that, here's a look at what's been happening here while I was away.

Girls just wanna have fun:
In October I enjoyed a girl's night out event hosted by the MWR with some friends and fellow military wives. We rocked our 80's costumes and enjoyed music, appetizers, drinks, as well as pool and Karaoke night at the dive bar down the road!
Totally rad outfits, makeup, and side ponytails!
Oh baby!:
You guessed it, at the end of October we discovered that we would be adding to our ranks and we were beyond thrilled! G.I. Joe had been telling me for days that he had a hunch and when he discovered he was right he was over the moon! We'll be excited to meet our sweet baby in early July!
I think over the moon is an understatement!

Boo at the Zoo:
Halloween rolled around and instead of venturing out in to unfamiliar territory for candy we decided to check out the zoo in Colorado Springs. We had a blast feeding giraffes and checking out the other
animals while collecting some candy for E along the way! It was a great experience and quite possibly our newest Halloween tradition! 
I might be biased but I think E makes a great Power Ranger

Happy Mocks-giving:
Thanksgiving was going to be our first holiday away from family and I was bummed! So our families came to visit us in early November so we could celebrate a "mock" Thanksgiving as well as G.I. Joe's birthday! We had a great time, ate way too much food in traditional Thanksgiving fashion, and enjoyed showing around our first time visitors!
My first attempt at a Mocks-giving feast
G.I. Joe enjoyed a birthday visit


Elf on the Shelf:
E was lucky enough to receive an Elf on the Shelf this year whom he named Chippy. We had so much fun waking up to see what sort of mischief Chippy had gotten in to while we were asleep! We were sad to see him go but glad that Santa stopped by for a visit!
Naughty Elf!

Sharing the good news:
Keeping the news of a baby to ourselves was more difficult than we thought. We were so excited and couldn't wait to share the good news with our friends and families. We decided waiting until Christmas was the perfect time! It was a great surprise!
Every superhero needs a sidekick!

Among the months of chaos we were so blessed to have spent time with great friends and simply enjoying the time spent together as a family. When life hands you a bowl full of crazy remember to count your rainbows not your thunderstorms! Im so glad to be back writing with you! Check back tomorrow to celebrate my 25th birthday with a sweet and fruity drink that's become our girl's night favorite!


















2 comments:

  1. I loved your way of spilling the beans and Eli looks thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacie! I wanted something a little bit different! Eli was (and is) very excited once he was able to fully wrap his head around the idea.

      Delete